Quality Management for Manufacturing Organizations for the Petroleum and Natural Gas Industry
Addendum 2 for the 9th Edition of API Specification Q1, Quality Management for Manufacturing Organizations for the Petroleum and Natural Gas Industry, has been published (June 8, 2018).
The Addendum 2 document, along with a copy of this notification, can be found on the API website at Program Specs & Updates
Effective Date: June 1, 2019
Following content of main changes:
- added definition of supply chain with reference to Suppliers and Sub-Suppliers (§3.1.22)
- design output implemented topic including criticality of activities in addition to products and components deemed critical for design (§5.4.3.d)
- purchasing control text replacement of clauses §184.108.40.206 (procedure), §220.127.116.11 (initial evaluation), §18.104.22.168.c (assessment), §22.214.171.124 (re-evaluation), §126.96.36.199 (process require validation outsourced), §5.6.2 (applicable specifications), §5.6.3 (supply verification and related procedure)
- specific requirements related to processes validation (§188.8.131.52) in therm of control of supply chain when outsourced and clear identification of what kind of process shall be considered
- more details related to MOC process for changes in critical supplier (§5.11.2.c)
- more clear statement related to content of procedures for corrective and preventive action (§6.4.2 and §6.4.3).
Please be advised that above overview it is not endorsed by API, but exclusively a point of view of who wrote this news; thus for details and correct reading of the requirements, you must refer exclusively to Addendum 2 downloadable from the API site.